ENROLLMENT & REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Welcome to the Crawford County School District! We aim to make the registration process as easy as possible. All students entering Crawford County Schools for the first time or returning to Crawford County Schools from another school district or home school must complete the registration process. If your child has been receiving additional services such as Gifted, ESOL or has an IEP please provide any documentation available upon registration.
DOCUMENTS THAT WILL BE REQUESTED WHEN ENROLLING STUDENTS
You must bring the documents with you to complete the registration process for verification.
- Copy of the Birth Certificate
- Georgia Immunization Form 3231 (If you are enrolling from another state, please contact the Crawford County Health Department to have your child’s immunization record transferred to Georgia Form 3231. The Crawford County Health Department’s phone number is
- Georgia Eye, Ear, and Dental Form 3300
- Student’s Social Security Card or Waiver
- Parent/Guardianship Proof of Identification
- Custody/Guardianship Papers (if applicable)
- Withdrawal Form from Previous School (if applicable)
- Last Report Card (if applicable)
- Discipline history for Middle and High School Students
- Student’s Transcript for all High School Students
- If you rent, you may use a current lease agreement, a current utility bill (no more than 30 days), or a utility connection receipt. All documents must be in the parent or legal guardian’s name.
- If you own, you may use a current mortgage statement (no more than 30 days), tax bill, current utility bill (not more than 30 days), or a utility connection receipt. All documents must be in the parent or legal guardian’s name.
- If you live in a multi-family residence, you will need the Property Owner/Renter Affidavit Form signed by the homeowner and notarized. You will also need a current lease agreement, mortgage statement (no more than 30 days), tax bill, or a current utility bill (no more than 30 days), or a connection receipt provided by the homeowner.
Other forms that may need to be completed at time of registration
- Home Language Survey-If registering after 1st Day of School
- Parent Occupational Survey-If registering after 1st Day of School
Crawford County Primary-(Grades PK-2) 191 Lowe Rd. Roberta GA 31078 478-836-3171
Crawford County Elementary-(Grades 3-5) 191 Lowe Rd. Roberta GA 31078 478-836-3181
Crawford County Middle/High (Grades 6-12) 400 East Agency St. Roberta, GA 31078 478-836-3126
The Crawford County Board of Education supports the basic assumption that the parent or guardian should be allowed to determine whether their child attends the school system of this county or another county. The Crawford County Board of Education also recognizes its right to limit non-resident enrollment as it deems desirable. Non-resident students may be admitted to the Crawford County School System (“District”) under the following conditions:
- The parent has submitted an application and signed a Non-Resident Enrollment Contract in which they agree to provide transportation and acknowledge that a non-resident student must adhere to the attendance, behavior, and coursework requirements as a condition of the privilege to attend school within the District. Students must adhere to the school rules as outlined in the student handbook and the District Code of Conduct.
- The school has sufficient space without jeopardizing the maximum class size of a particular grade;
- Enrollment will not place an undue financial burden on the school system;
- A review of the applicant’s academic, disciplinary and attendance records from prior schools meets admission standards set by the school within the District.
- The parent or legal guardian accompanies the child to school for enrollment.
Sufficient information must be made available upon request for admission including, but not limited to, up-to-date immunization records, proof of legal county residence of student, school records from previous school, address of last school attended with contact information, and any other information that could be of assistance in the enrollment process;
- Student must be eligible to attend school in his/her resident district at the time application is made to enroll in a school within the District. The school within the District reserves the right to refuse admission for students who do not meet enrollment criteria.
- Failure to disclose complete and accurate information may result in revocation of enrollment within the District.
Non-Resident students may remain enrolled in the Crawford County School System only if they continuously meet attendance, behavior, and coursework requirements established by each school. The principal’s decision to revoke enrollment may be appealed to the Superintendent within 10 days, and the Superintendent will rule on the appeal within 10 days of receiving the appeal. The Superintendent’s decision will be final.
Non-resident students whose parents or guardians are employed by the Crawford County Board of Education shall be allowed to enroll in the Crawford County School System if they are otherwise qualified for enrollment at the school system of their residence and provided the Crawford County School system has an appropriate program in place for the student. Such students must also adhere to the conditions set forth above.