Click the link below to see our video about Substitute Teaching
We are looking for substitute teachers to join our team this year. If you are interested in working in a family atmosphere, have time to work one or more days a week, and love children, then please apply for a substitute teacher position. We will equip you with the tools you need to be successful in the classroom on your first day of subbing.
The following are two options that will help you obtain certification to be a substitute teacher.
- Option 1: MGRESA (www.mgresa.org) to register for a face-to-face full day class to get certified.
Substitute Teacher Training:
1. Visit www.mgresa.org
2. Click on Substitute Teacher Training
3. Register for full day course. There is a $35 charge for this course.
4. Complete the course with MGRESA and submit your certificate to Human Resources (Dr. Ridley) at Crawford County Board of Education.
- Option 2: Visit STEDI.org for a 24/7 online class that you can take at your convenience to get certified.
2. Select Subskills Online.3. Proceed to Checkout. There is a $40 charge for this course.4. Complete the course with a score of 85% or higher and submit your certificate to Human Resources (Dr. Ridley) at Crawford County Board of Education.
Are you a current substitute and want to become a certified teacher?
Substitute Teacher to Certified Teacher Initiative:
- If you are interested in becoming a full-time teacher, please contact Dr. Ridley at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can enroll in the Teacher Alternative Preparation Program and plan a pathway to certification.