Parent & Family Resource Center
96 Manor Street, Roberta
The purpose of parent and family engagement under Title I, Part A is to promote active involvement among local educational agencies (LEAs), administrators, school staff, parents, parent and family engagement coordinators or parent liaisons, community leaders, and other stakeholders working to improve student achievement and promote academic success. LEAs must ensure that strong strategies are in place to:
- Build capacity to involve parents/stakeholders in an effective partnership with the school.
- Share and support high student academic achievement
Parent and family engagement means the participation of parents and families in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities, including and ensuring that:
- Parents and families play an integral role in assisting their child's learning.
- Parents and families are encouraged to be actively involved in their child's education at school.
- Parents and families are full partners in their child's education and are included, when appropriate, in decision-making as well as being a part of the advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
- Other activities are carried out, such as those described in Section 1116.
During Spring 2023, all Title I federally mandated documents were reviewed and revised by parents, teachers, and community stakeholders. The FY23 Title I documents have been posted on the school websites under Family Engagement for your review at any time. These documents were sent home with your student's registration packet this year.
Parents, grandparents, and community stakeholders are asked to make any suggestions or comments regarding these documents to Family Engagement Specialist Angelica Washington at [email protected] or give the written suggestions to your school's Academic Coach.
We appreciate your commitment to your child's education.
The 2022-2023 Crawford County District Parent & Family Plan can be viewed by clicking the PDF link below.
Plans for 2022-23
Parent and Family Engagement Coordinator